Deesch Papke assigned CEO of Porsche Middle East and Africa FZE

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 by

Dr. Ing. h.c. F. AG, Stuttgart, has appointed Deesch Papke as Chief Executive Officer of the wholly owned subsidiary importer organisation, Middle East and Africa FZE, effective as of June.

Deesch Papke - CEO of Porsche Middle East  and Africa

Starting his career in management roles for Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Land Rover as well as for Volvo in South Africa and Russia, Papke has acquired many years of multi-market and brand experience within the global automotive sector. His first role with Porsche came as the Managing Director of the Middle East and Africa subsidiary in 2005, where Papke oversaw the extensive development of the regional operation.

Prior to his most recent role as head of Porsche China held from July 2013, Papke was responsible for the Region Overseas and Emerging Markets with Porsche AG in Germany. From 2005 to 2011 he was the Managing Director of Porsche’s Middle East and Africa office and oversaw a period of exponential growth for the organisation. Papke succeeds Christer Ekberg who moves back to Porsche Asia Pacific in Singapore with a new function.

As CEO, operating from Porsche’s regional office in Dubai, South Africa-born Papke will be responsible for driving the brand’s growth across 23 countries in the GCC, Levant, Africa and India. Key to this will be ensuring that Porsche’s exceptional standards of professionalism are maintained across the regional network, focusing on market penetration and enhancing existing facilities.

Deesch Papke, Chief Executive Officer of Porsche Middle East and Africa FZE, said: “I return to the region at a challenging time with the global economy still in recovery and some areas of the Middle East facing internal as well as external difficulties. Despite this, I believe we are in a strong position to move forward and there are various opportunities upon which we can further develop the Porsche business. We have excellent business partners to work with in our region and I look forward to utilising my experience, gained most recently in Germany and China, to further build upon Porsche’s exceptional name in the region.

13 Responses to Deesch Papke assigned CEO of Porsche Middle East and Africa FZE

1. Mohammed Alateeq Reply

May 22, 2017 at 7:48 am

In regards between my self the owner and the bahbhani Porsche in Bahrain. On 2nd of April 2017 The car was delivered to bahbhani , the estimation job was covered:

-wheel alignment.
    -front tires to be replaced.
    -front Susp.Noises.

I’ve received the car on 22 of April 2017.
    (Three weeks delay to changed the above required ). I found a hydraulic leak , the vehicle was taken back directly to bahbhani to inspect the issue that didn’t exist prior to the first visit. I’ve received a quote service for the front air below with the kit LH and RH!.
    The choices were given to me are:

-pay the new quota to fix it .
    -take the car without their responsibilities.

I refused to take the vehicle back. Moreover, I’ve contact the Bahrain consumer protection but the discount has given was not sufficient enough plus ‏the Agency refused to take the car and did not allow me to park within the premises. Threatened to kick me out and all proof is available (documents , pictures and video) to show that there wasn’t any faults prior to the first check. I would ‏have to take this action further by going to court and suing Porsche for the unethical behaviour as well as write my story in social media platforms to warn possible future customers.

2. Fuad Alhadi Reply

October 12, 2016 at 10:50 am

Thanks God that you have 2 dealers in UAE otherwise we would had to straggle with the bad services of AL NABOODA in Dubai.

Many Thanks to ALI&SONS and their excellent services.

3. Hamad Al Abbasi Reply

September 15, 2016 at 2:50 pm

Hi

I want to report a stolen car 1989 Porsche Speedster
    Red color
    Chass No : WP0ZZZ91ZKS152782
    Owner : Hamad Mohamed Aqil Shaikh Abbas Al Abbasi
    Bahrain Registration Number 124747

I filed a case in Qatar (Case No : 2013 / 4112 ) against a qatari national Faisal Ali Salem Al Tamam Al Gaithani and lebanese national Philip Kamel

The qatari sold the car to the lebanese

Please report as a stolen car

Hamad Al Abbasi
    Email : worldinvestmentmanager@hotmail.com
    Mobile : 00973 33778788

4. Ahmed Fathy Reply

September 8, 2016 at 8:02 pm

Dears Porsche,

I decided to escalate to you after the very bad dealing with me and un trustable way. I bought my Porsche caynne S 2015 car in Oct 2015 with original price 258900 AED as per the attached offer from your sales consultant in Dubai showroom Jenna Mckiernan (It’s an old story here because after she sent me the offer to finalize the deal, I have discovered that the same Porsche car offered by 319900 Aed only by another dealer, and when I told her she double checked and I found that I’m right, then she actually gave me the same price of the dealer which is 319900 although the official attached offer was 358900 AED and she told me it’s up normal case and it will be investigated by Porsche’s management). When we were upon finalizing deal I told her I maybe leave Dubai after one year and in this time I will need to support in re-sale my car and she told me we have pre-owned services in Porsche and you will lose only by max 20% from the car Value because it’s Porsche car and unfortunately I believed her and bought the car!!

This is what happened, I decided to leave Dubai around one month ago and I referred to her and she sent me to Mr: Zaher in the pre-owned showroom (his no +971 50 599 7707). He checked the car and got all the details and called me back and he offered only 245000 Aed and he told the price is very low because of the market situation and and and!!! And asked me to think and feed him back, after that I called him back and I told I agreed and I’m leaving within 3 weeks and I will send him the car to finish everything.

When I sent him the car he told he left this position for another one and he put me in contact with other guy called: Sedart (his no +971 50 146 0311). This guy asked for more 2 days to finalize the deal and at the end he surprised me by new offer with only 215000 AED and he told the same not reasonable said as the market going down and and and!!!

I’m actually feel totally not happy and very disappointed because this totally unprofessional way as I felt no transparent as it’s being dealing with the separate islands not a big entity like Porsche Plus I felt like if I kept my car for one more year I have to pay someone extra money to get it for free!!

I’m a business man and touching with market and what they are telling me about the market is totally not logic and if it’s true no one will go to own Porsche cars anymore, specially when I asked about showed car in the pre-owned showroom exactly like my car but model 2012 they told me the price 265000 AED! I’m really sad cause I recommended 3 friends this year to buy the same car and I was planning to buy new one in Egypt.

Please the management support is highly required here in supporting to re-sale my car with reasonable value because I really felt unsafe when I tried to deal with your staff in Dubai. My Car details are hereunder:

– Eng. No. : WP1ZZZ92ZFLA58990
    – The current Km : 10000 km
    – 5 years maintenance for free included in the contract.
    – 3 years warranty included in the contract.

I’m waiting the feedback for going forward.

• Liam Nelson Reply

September 13, 2016 at 12:04 am

Sorry for your troubles. Not really sure where the market is for used Cayenne’s at the moment, but generally Dubai has always been a buyer’s market for used cars. I do sympathize— perhaps you should try selling the car yourself online?

5. Billy Reply

June 22, 2016 at 11:41 pm

good wheel repair

6. Mohamed el naggar Reply

June 19, 2016 at 5:10 am

Dear Sirs,

Please allow me to introduce myself, I am Mohamed El Naggar from Egypt a loyal Porsche customer. I owned a Porsche Cayenne 2008 and currently I have upgraded to Porsche Panamera Turbo 2010. Below are the car details for your kind reference.

Numero : WP 0 ZZZ 97 ZAL082 635 (A04408)

Color: White

My Panamera has been going through every single service in the authorized service centers in Qatar (Doha) and Egypt (SMG Service Center)and the service history is listed and recorded in these authorized centers for further checks (in case required).

To make a long story short I am extremely frustrated and I deem your immediate intervention in the below unpleasant situation

· On Wednesday 15th of June 2016, I sent my car for routine Oil Change service at “SMG Service Center” , there was no issues with car and was performing perfectly.

· The Oil and Oil Filter where changed and the service center recommended to change the spark plugs as well (as precautionary action), which I confirmed and was changed as well.

· The car was released on Thursday 16th of June 2016 from the service center with no comments what so ever.

· On my way back from the service center I realized a “Reduced power engine” signal in the dashboard and a strange vibration in the engine.

· I sent back the car to the service center and after several checks, they informed me that they will replace the fuel filter as they suspected was the reason for the fault signal.

· The issue was not resolved and by passing to the service center I found the car being tested and releasing a lot of white smoke from the exhaust, when I asked them they informed me that it might be the Oil!!.

· After reciprocating discussions we finally reached a resolution that it is a malfunction in the Turbo, and the service center acknowledged that the error will be resolved at their charge.

· They highlighted that the lead time for repair will be 1 month!! Which is not acceptable to me.

· Given the unfortunate events clarified above and since the car entered the center in mint condition and was damaged during the routine maintenance I would require your kind intervention to contact the Egyptian service center “SMG Service Center” to comply with the following.

1. Improve the repair lead time by minimum of 2 weeks.

2. Provide a replacement car (in the same category) as per implemented by all reputable car manufacturers in similar occasions.

I am confident that Porsche will consider this matter as fundamental customer support standards that has to be met by an esteemed company as yours.

I would appreciate your kind positive feedback at your earliest convenience.

Thanks and best regards

Mohammed El Naggar

Mohamed_naggar89@hotmail.com

7. Mohamed el naggar Reply

June 19, 2016 at 5:10 am

Dear Sirs,

Numero : WP 0 ZZZ 97 ZAL082 635 (A04408)

Color: White

1. Improve the repair lead time by minimum of 2 weeks.

I would appreciate your kind positive feedback at your earliest convenience.

Thanks and best regards

Mohammed El Naggar

Cell# +2 01221020000

8. Abdulla Al Mulla Reply

May 24, 2016 at 10:39 am

Good day,

Mr. Deesch papke CEO of Porsche esteemed .. After greeting I bought a Porsche Cayenne S in April 2015 I am very upset to service after sales from agent approved in the United Arab Emirates (Abu Dhabi), where I made first maintenance for my car they scratched excessively at the top of the car body, where they had to dye the car what has led to the descent of 25,000 thousand dirhams of its market value, but when I receive the car observed that it was not maintained, which made me to return them again, which cost me the loss of time and loss of reputation and the value of the Porsche, and the second time for maintenance received the car and found that there are sounds from the brakes, where I became more upset about the vehicle ,the agent and their services, so I raised a complaint to the assessment center but no responds. Also I want inform you about the bad service, when I changed the tires they found out sand paper cleaner in side brake pad.
    I want you to fairness in this topic as you are aware the seriousness.
    But the car to ensure the agent two years. If we compare with other agency they providing 5 year warranty and maintenance .
    Before I conclude that the complaint was filed to the agent in the service center about seat leather color and steering of the vehicle and I register a complaint regarding this eight months back. Still they doesn’t solve the problem , and replied each time they delayed from the manufacturer itself.

Best regards,
    Abdulla Almulla
    UAE

9. Reino Reply

March 13, 2016 at 9:51 am

Dear Sir
    This is not a complain but more a cry for help. I bought a Porsche Cayman in December 2015 secondhand from an Expat who was forced to leave the country. The car had 87,000 km on the clock, 2008 model, and was used daily by his wife. After some 500 kilometer, 4 new tyres and a request to have the towing checked through the agent I took the car to the Porsche local agent in Qatar to have 2 minor dents fixed and the towing. As I had no idea of the mechanical state of the car and no records with the dealer it was recommended to do a diagnostics check. In addition I requested that the engine be flushed to ensure no sticky oil and to have the v-belt replaced. Other little things included a window wiper water tank cracked, rear spoiler switch and front hood switch replaced. The diagnostics revealed that there were not any major faults to include the fuel pump and filter. A note was made about the smell from the A/C which I then requested a leak test. All were good. A further note was that there was some “moist” from the gearbox but a seal could be replaced at a later stage. I had the car for less than 24 hours when the 3rd gear started to slip. I checked the gauges for any warnings. I decided to take the car on the main road and after some 2 kilometer smoke came from the engine. First, I checked the gauges agin and immediately pulled off and by close inspection oil was dripping from the engine compartment. In short the car was towed-in to Porsche and the next day further money was requested for another diagnostics, then to remove the gearbox and then to have the gearbox replaced. To date no explanation was given to what caused this, and even more frightening, why in less than 24 hours back from a major service the gearbox failed. The car to date has cost me almost QAR 30,000. Thank you

10. Ahmed Reply

November 15, 2015 at 1:53 pm

Dear Mr. Deesch,

Hope all is well. I am a loyal customer for Porsche since 2005 and I am a Porsche club member in Bahrain and Qatar. Yesterday I hit something under my car and it became noisy at 3:00 pm. I contacted the emergency immediately on number +974 44770911 after 3 calls from them and almost an hour, they called me to tell me that they don’t have the low profile breakdown for sport cars and they can provide it the next day only. after a long argument he said that the breakdown doesn’t belong to Porsche and it belongs to a third party transportation company. I’ve decided to cancel the whole thing and hang up the phone.

Today morning I contacted Porsche Middle East Customer Care and the lady couldn’t help or justify the unprofessional treatment. She suggested to send me the breakdown…..that’s it!!

Even Qatar Customer Care was worse. I told her I don’t want to send my car anymore to you guys and I offer it for sale. she said ” if you change your mind please contact us”.

Let me tell you Sir, you have just lost a valuable lover of Porsche.

Regards,

11. Ibrahim sultan al zayed Reply

November 9, 2015 at 1:46 pm

Mr. deesch papke CEO of Porsche esteemed .. After greeting I bought a Porsche Cayenne in 2015 three months ago and traversed 300 kilometers only and displays the rear frame’s (Nail) hole and headed to the Agency in Bahrain, told me after the examination that the framework needs to switch and agree on the spot and told me that he is not available they will be requested Ten days ago I am in daily contact with the agency and spoke to more than one person during these ten days and parked car I have I can not use and Jima from their word in the Agency of the day Atna resume contact was not related to any of them and I am still second week I suffer from neglect and lack of response note that it is due to be All available spare car and not have to endure this problem for all this time. Yours Thanksgiving the car owner Number plate 510 333 VIN wp0zzz98zfk Red 2015 Porsche Cayenne Ibrahim Sultan Al Zayed October 28, 2015 – See more at: http://automiddleeast.com/2015/07/02/headline/deesch-papke-assigned-ceo-of-porsche-middle-east-and-africa-fze#sthash.qybAVqXT.dpuf
    and they bulok my number

12. Ibrahim sultan al zayed Reply

October 28, 2015 at 2:15 pm

Mr. deesch papke CEO of Porsche esteemed ..

After greeting