Click Here

Toyota names new Regional Head for Middle East & North Africa - AutoMiddleEast.com

Toyota names new Regional Head for Middle East & North Africa

Posted on Jul 22, 2014 by

has announced the appointment of Takayuki Yoshitsugu as the Chief Representative of its Middle East & North Africa Representative Office (MENARO), effective July 1, . Yoshitsugu, who succeeds Nobuyuki Negishi, will lead strategic business growth and marketing initiatives as seeks to consolidate its leadership position in a region that represents a key growth market for the brand.

Takayuki Yoshitsugu - Toyota MENARO

An industry veteran with over 28 years of experience handling various sales and marketing functions at Toyota, mainly covering the Middle East and Southeast Asian markets, Yoshitsugu brings to his new role a wealth of automotive knowledge and a deep understanding of the regional market and its demands.

“I’m delighted and honored to be given the opportunity to lead Toyota into its next phase of growth in a region that counts among the fastest growing markets for our brand. Having been closely involved with Toyota’s business in the Middle East for many years, I’m confident that my regional background and understanding of customer needs and preferences will prove very helpful as I work with my team to further build our brand and business,” Yoshitsugu said.

Toyota has seen consistent growth in sales in the Middle East, selling a total of 691,631 units in 2013 to end the year with a 10 % growth in sales as compared to the previous year. “The Middle East automotive market is projected to record strong growth in the coming years. Toyota expects to be at the vanguard of this market lift-off by strengthening our competitive advantage in the region – both through aggressive sales and marketing and through adopting a customer-oriented approach to all aspects of our business, from product design and development to after-sales service and support,” said Yoshitsugu.

36 Responses to Toyota names new Regional Head for Middle East & North Africa

1. ahmed Reply

May 4, 2017 at 2:47 pm

I had issue with my Land Cruiser GXR 2014 model, with the head lights they are BECAME Flickery, and i had replaced them on the warranty in Toyota Qatar. But the new ones are not as powerful as the old ones, and also they are different, the new ones are LED and the old one is HID. HID is way more powerful. I am trying to get same as the old one and will replace it.

2. Ahmed Ajaj Reply

May 4, 2017 at 2:46 pm

3. Jijo kodiyan Reply

October 26, 2016 at 4:08 pm

Hi, my name is JIjo Kodiyan, living in Al Ain.
    I m driving Camry GLX 2009 Model and Lexus ES 350 2013 Model, couples of months ago I had problem with my Camry dashboard which is start melting and Lexus has issue with joystick rubber its sticky same like Camry dashboard, i am disappointed with these issues.

4. tony Reply

September 28, 2016 at 1:03 pm

hello ,

i wanted to take Toyota dealership in Palestinian territory west bank . and i need help .

5. Ismail Reply

June 29, 2016 at 10:53 am

Greetings
    Kindly note that I had bought a Lexus RX350 last year 2015 model with one year service I had extended the service to 2 years on June 15th 2016 I put the car at Sharjah workshop by Al Futtaim on June 20th to replace the brakes front and back at the same day when I went to collect the car they made an accident with my car while they are moving it from the work shop the driver was going on reverse and he hit the workshop counter, the car is badly damaged from the back see attached police report which states that the accident is due to driving the car careless the following were damaged on the car as stated on the police report:
    – Back right corner-6
    – Back of the car-7
    – Back left corner-8
    – Back glass -18
    – Back bonnet box – 19
    On June 22nd they gave me a substitute car to drive instead of my Lexus it’s Hynday Elantra!!!! I told them I can’t accept this as a substitute to my Lexus they said just drive it for 2 days and will change it for you with Toyota Forthuner (Mr. Abdul Sattar 0564109415) I called him Sunday he didn’t answer and not replied to my several calls. After getting frustrated from them I had raised a complaint with ministry customer. On Monday I received a call from Al Futtaim Mr. Azz Deen Al BLushi 043169128 trying to resolve my problem but he told me they will repair my Lexus car and give it back to me, I told him I will not accept that since I can’t own or drive any car with an accidents background I need an equivalent car with the same specification to the one I have with no accidents.
    Hope to hire from you soon.
    My name is Ismail Mounib Ismail
    Contact 00971506426817
    Email: ismi1961@hotmail.com

6. ahmad alarti Reply

April 5, 2016 at 10:44 am

Toyota is so bad they dont have a direct contact number to their main middle east office, you have to dig really deep to find a way to contact them, im never buying a toyota car ever again, reading all these posts i agree with every complaint by the people, and i am one of those people who had trouble with Alfuttaim toyota dealers, they are absolutely the worste. Toyota the company is also rubbish now.

7. Wasim Saadeh Reply

March 26, 2016 at 9:36 pm

I bought Toyota last Oct 2015 during national price off campaign in my country Jordan. I surprised after Four months they launched additional 20% price off on the same car. I called the national agent to complaint but unfortunately the told me it is promotion they didn’t care about the loss I have on my car value. This is for me a bad sales service for Toyota
    I wish to hear from their management response

8. Ahmad Anjum Reply

March 21, 2016 at 9:19 am

Dear Sir,

I bought new corolla 1.6L model 2014 from Al Fattium in May 2014. After 22 months AC stopped working so i went to technician.He advised that compressor has gone along with the condenser so both have to be changed.There was a shock for me as well when i came to know that original compressor fixed in car by Toyota was MADE IN CHINA. When i went to the showroom and asked them that i need compressor. The one they showed me it was MADE IN JAPAN. After confirming this i told them the story behind this. They simply had no answer.

Conclusion:
    Are Toyota fixing China made parts in their cars or someone doing tricks in the showroom?

Anyone has answer.What should i do!
    Regards

9. Fuad Reply

March 15, 2016 at 9:26 am

I have Toyota Camry 2012. Toyota Service in (Arad) Bahrain reported that there is Oil Leak in the Engine. The car is not that Old and why did it develop this problem? Is the quality of Toyota car is down?

10. Mujeeb Reply

September 30, 2015 at 12:03 pm

Short of a Long Story,,

Toyota 2008 Camry Dashboar Melting, Cracking problem,

I logged a call to Toyota for Dashboard cracked on Airbag and arround.
    First time refused to do anything.
    Second time i posted on Toyota US. Toyota- Alfuttaim- Khalid – Agreed offering discount for dashboard replacement.

Toyota already extended waranty for all such cars to 2017 , who are facing problems with car dashboard.

Now i am approaching toyota in Japan and will tell them how Toyota customer service dissapoint cutomers and try to grab money by involiving them in not doing service with toyota, etc etc.

• J S Raj Reply

November 29, 2015 at 4:03 pm

My 2009 model Camry also has its dashboard melting.By the way what is the cost of dashboard in Uae?

• Subbu Reply

August 3, 2016 at 6:27 pm

i have Toyota Camry 2011 Model manufactured late year 2010, Lives in Abu Dhabi. Past 1 week my car dashboard started MELTING. i went to Al Futtaim dealers in Airport Road Abu Dhabi. without seeing my car, Service Center person accepted TOYOTA Camry Dashboard has melting issues. but he don’t want to to replace. Toyota USA accepted their fault and replacing around 4.5 Million Cars Dashboard. but in UAE, no body is caring about their customers. Please help us and SAVE Toyota Brand

• Madhu Ramachandran Nair Reply

July 8, 2017 at 11:53 am

Hi

My name is Madhu. I have the same issue with my Camry 2009 and Toyota Al Futtaim asking to pay for the dashboard. I need to know if they accepted your claim.

11. Khalid Reply

September 22, 2015 at 10:45 pm

My bad story is a bit long but it is an interesting one and believe me it would entertain you and worths reading till the end. I have a Toyota Land cruiser 2012, few months back l have faced a problem with my cars acceleration and reported it while servicing it under 100k milage, the badia branch had identified the problem as bad catalytic converters due to bad fuel distributed from ADNOC petroleum distribution as al futtaim personnel had claimed, and although I always fill my car with premium SUPER 98 since I bought it and by the way it, is much higher than standered required within the cars manual, and as it’s needs to be changed, the service advisors had sent a request to the warentty 3 times and it’s been rejected all 3 times while my brother and his friend managed to change it with both al Tayer and Gargash motors free of cost and without a hastle, unfortunately and after waiting for a month time to get a responce(eventually it was same like the upcoming solution by service Managers Mazen and Khalid) I found no other way but to call the consumer rights office with Dubai government Economic Department and thanks to thier follow up,I had finally received a call from Mr. Mazen of al futtaim (which I wish I didn’t not get) who also called to inform me that maximum that he can do is to offer me 50% discount of the amount of AED 6000 while this was offered to me by the badia at the very beginning still ecped, so being forced to pay an amount which is three times more expensive (parts = 200.+ than the price of the very same parts which can be found with authorised parts dealers by al futtaim I did not like this rip off situation , however Mazen did say that it would have been changed for free if I was regularly serving my car, which I did up to 110k up to last August 18th, but frankly speaking I did skip three services 20k,30k and 70k and yes I was servicing every 10k using lexus oil way before al futtaim declares that it is the case with all vehicles to be serviced every 10k, hence this proves that I was right all the way, however despite my commitment Mr. Mazen refused to change the parts on the warranty as so called ‘good well’ basis, because I missed the three services mentioned earlier, so I asked him why in the world then al futtaim paid in total amount of AED 12000 in replacing many parts on warranty dispite my non commitment, and this time it refuses to do so(of course he did not have an answer for that ) and he also informed me that my car is no longer in so called toyota’s confidence 5 years warranty (I was scratching my head in an attempt to recall weather I had sighed a document stating that I should stick to regular service in order to avail warranty, oops I did not), so I have asked for a letter stating the same and although he promised me , he disappeared and I am no longer able to reach him, and as he promised to give me letter and so did his colleague Khalid too later on but it seems they just don’t want to do that, and now I am only able to reach the call center employees at 800 TOYOTA ‘who records calls for quality reasons’ and I keep asking for call backs from Mazen Khalid and Eman, however it seems that they are ignoring me too, no issues , I am recently considering a Land rover discovery sport and would forego Toyota for good and will spread that within my network as long as it is married to al futtaim which I dont believe that it would last long, since HRE king Salman revoked the car agents monopolies in Saudi Arabia including Toyota agent and soon it would infect other GCC too hopefully UAE is next (I know it would be raised with ministry of Economy in next national cabinet once assembled) moral of story STOP dealing with such car agents or live under thier greedness and merciy

12. Ismael Reply

August 21, 2015 at 7:21 pm

I have been driving toyota cars for decades it’s my car made I think the new cars needed to be insulated from IN side I have a 2015 Sienna I can hear noise from trafficking. Let’s make toyota a better car thanks

13. Sadique Reply

August 20, 2015 at 3:07 am

Dear zaran
    I am upset with customer care system of Lexus here in dubai
    I was false promised by sales executive and now he simply said that the manager left the company and I really want apology on behalf of him
    This is rediculous and really the as a customer of Lexus I am unsatified with them.

I regret why I bought lexus

14. Sadique Reply

August 20, 2015 at 3:01 am

My Toyota Corolla 2011 dashboard is also melted and Toyota accepted this probl was manufacturing defect in USA but here alfuttaim denied to change the dashboard free of charge .

15. Rajiv Pathak Reply

August 9, 2015 at 7:53 pm

Melting Dashboad – Lexus ES 350

This product defect has been well known for quite some time but Lexus is not willing to take responsibility for this defect,
    The local dealer Al Futtaim has not accepted this as a product defect and insist the owner pay for the melting and sticky dashboard.
    The problem is there in the 2007/8 models worldwide but as they can push the customer here in the UAE who has no viable recourse shows the prevailing mentality to let the customer pay.
    What level of customer service is then – in pursuit of excellence?
    Hope that they can wake up and see the damage to their brand image as I dissuade all who ask me – never buy a Lexus after seeing their penny pinching attitude .

Rajiv Pathak

• Zaran Tarapore

Zaran Tarapore Reply

August 12, 2015 at 3:40 pm

Hi Rajiv,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and all of our readers. It’s definitely the first time we’re hearing of such a complaint from a Lexus owner. We’ll be forwarding your experience on to the concerned people at the brand’s Middle East office in the hope that they can resolve this issue for you.

Regards,

Zaran

16. nisheed p.v Reply

May 18, 2015 at 9:17 am

Sir,
    Am From United arab emirates(UAE),I have 2011 Model Toyota Corolla,
    Am Happy With This Car last 4 years, but Now i have faceing A issues
    In My Car,In UAE temperature 30°C to 50°C, now my car dash bord melting.
    I am Expecting Toyota Help, this is not My falt, ma be manufaturing defect
    Am Give the Car service to TOYOTA al futtaim motors Abu Dhabi(,but my car not purchase
    from al futtaim motors,
    Am expecting to change the dashbord from TOYOTA ,free of cost…..

Thanks

Nisheed p.v
    00971554010047

• Zaran Tarapore

Zaran Tarapore Reply

May 18, 2015 at 2:00 pm

Hi Nisheed,

It isn’t very often that we hear of dashboards melting in the UAE, however, it is very possible with the sort of heat that we experience here. While it is unlikely to be a manufacturing defect and something that Al Futtaim will not replace for free, they are your best bet when looking at getting a new one installed.

Regards,

Zaran

• Subbu Reply

August 3, 2016 at 6:30 pm

Dear Zaran, i have Toyota Camry 2011 Model manufactured late year 2010, Lives in Abu Dhabi. Past 1 week my car dashboard started MELTING. i went to Al Futtaim dealers in Airport Road Abu Dhabi. without seeing my car, Service Center person accepted TOYOTA Camry Dashboard has melting issues. but he don’t want to to replace. Toyota USA accepted their fault and replacing around 4.5 Million Cars Dashboard. but in UAE, no body is caring about their customers. Please help us..

17. Renjith Raju Reply

April 13, 2015 at 5:28 pm

Hi
    I am struggling to solve an issue with my Land Cruiser resulting out of what seems like a service-overlook… Is there an email id which I can use to make sure my voice crosses Al Futtaim and reaches Toyota. Thankd

• Pankaj Dev

Pankaj Dev Reply

April 14, 2015 at 12:47 pm

Renjith, post it on our Land Cruiser Reviews page – http://goo.gl/hbypoY
      We will take it up with Toyota team on your behalf and keep you posted.

18. Priscilla Louisa Antao Reply

March 14, 2015 at 12:09 pm

I purchased Land Cruiser Prado, vehicle Vin: JTEJU3FJXEK074737/ Registration No. DUB72005, production year 2014, sale date: 08/Sept/2014 from Al Futtaim Toyota Dubai Festival City – Dubai – United Arab Emirates.
    From the time I took the vehicle delivery from the showroom I experienced a steering vibration, I complained to the service center several times from the time of 1000 km and throughout the time till a 10,000 kms (my current kms)
    In attempts to fix the problem, the service center has done, tyre tests, wheel balancing, alignments, tyre rotations, changed all tyres, and now again changed rear two tyres. Despite all these changes , the car also had problems of body vibrations, car drift. Why should a brand new vehicle have recurring problems, it’s now a road worthiness and my safety while driving. Me being a lady I felt that the service team has taken me for granted and in circles for this long. This has caused me lot of emotional distress and loss of time at my work.
    My experience with service center has been a nightmare and now doubting their credibility and quality work at Al Futtaim – Toyota.
    This is not acceptable for a brand new vehicle, and I want a replacement or money refunded. Currently the car is at the service center since 26th Feb 2015, with Al Futtaim – Toyota not assuring me that this problem will not occur again.

• Pankaj Dev

Pankaj Dev Reply

April 14, 2015 at 12:49 pm

Priscilla, this just came to our notice. It should have been posted on the Prado page. None the less, is this matter resolved? If not, we can take it up with Al Futtaim team for you. Let us know.

19. Eman G Reply

January 22, 2015 at 1:14 pm

Hello,
    Is there a Middle East head office for Toyota because I’m having troubles with the local dealer of Toyota in Kuwait. I bought a 2014 fj cruiser in july and there is a technical issue in the car that the service center here is unfamiliar with and unable to fix until now.
    Thanks.

• Pankaj Dev

Pankaj Dev Reply

January 22, 2015 at 3:07 pm

Here you go –

Toyota Middle East and North Africa Regional Office
      DAFZA 4WB, No 540 P.O. Box 54407 Dubai, UAE
      Phone – +9714 2993875

Get in touch and connect with them. Good luck.

• Eman G Reply

January 22, 2015 at 3:50 pm

Thanks I really appreciate it.

20. Mahmoud Solyman Reply

December 3, 2014 at 10:03 pm

About 2 months ago I purchased new car Toyota Corolla 1.6 L SE+ model 2015 from your agency in UAE Al Futtaim Motors – Sharjah – Al Wahada str. Showroom. Since I have provided the cheque with car price, I’m suffering from the unprofessional attitude and performance from both sales and service departments.

Although I gave them my Emirtae ID and my passport, they wrote my name wrong in the invoice and rejected to give me revised original one. After trails, they corrected it in hand writing.

They convinced me to do the car insurance with Al Futtaim showing many advantages and I did. However I discovered later on that the insurance has been done with different company and all the advantages are not correct. By the way, they mentioned in the insurance contract that my car color is white pearl and the model is 2014 while It is is dark below model 2015.

One month ago I had small accident affected the front – Right light glass and the pumper corner (the police report also recorded damage in the motor cover but I could not see it clear).

After trips between the insurance company and the Al Futtaim Services department , I delivered my car to them to replace the affected parts and got confirmation that they requested change these parts and the insurance company approved. When I went to take my car after 6 days with them I found that they just painted the pumper and polished the light class. I did not take the car and asked them to resolve this problem; however nothing happened. The additional value they requested 350 AED may be more than painting and polishing the affected parts. When I was telling the service department about what the sales department informed about the advantages, they were smiling saying “they said that to everybody and it is just insurance with other company”.

They are still carless and convey to me clear message that I don’t have choice. I’m keeping have my unlimited trust and confidence in my first choice Toyota.

Please contact me right away so that we can clear up this matter to my satisfaction. I look forward to hearing from you and to resolving the car problems, and thank you for promptly responding to my letter.

Kind Regards

Dr. Mahmoud Solyman
    Mobile :+971 56 639 1500
    E-mail: elsaied2000@yahoo.com

• Pankaj Dev

Pankaj Dev Reply

December 3, 2014 at 10:29 pm

Seems like a case of false promises and misunderstandings. You always have the option to talk to the UAE Consumer Protection Department through their website or simply by calling 600522225.

• Pankaj Dev

Pankaj Dev Reply

December 5, 2014 at 9:39 am

Hello, we took up your case with Al Futtaim Motors. I have been informed that the matter was attended to and resolved.

• Prakati Reply

November 12, 2015 at 10:04 am

gia osous exoun xasei epeisodia.. o apnpaow einai o diavoitos rwsoanonymos.. o xwrismenos pontios 45 feuga prwin kke pou douleuei stin kup kai ston eleu8ero xrono tou mas parakolou8ei apo tis ip sta arxeia twn server kai exei panta mia kali kouventa gia olous.. opote katalavainete gia ti eidos an8rwpou milame..

21. jeyapaul Reply

November 18, 2014 at 7:14 am

Request to give contact mail id for middle east office at dubai.
    regards

• Pankaj Dev

Pankaj Dev Reply

November 19, 2014 at 12:08 pm

Toyota Middle East and Nort Africa regional office
      DAFZA 4WB, No 540
      P.O. Box 54407
      Dubai, UAE
      Phone – +9714 2993875

Get in touch and connect with them. Good luck.

• Deborah Reply

September 6, 2015 at 11:02 am

Dear Mr. Pankaj Dev,

Is there an e-mail Id that you know of the Toyota Middle East Head office.

Will Appreciate if you can pass it across.

Post Review