Volkswagen Golf GTI Fun Facts
Here are a few fun facts you probably didn’t know about the legendary GTI.
1) The Volkswagen Golf GTI has been the brand’s best-selling model ever.
2) While the first Golf GTI was originally planned as a limited series of 5,000, the model has gone on to sell 1.9 million vehicles in the past 37 years.
3) Before the GTI had officially gone into production, the ’Sport Golf’, as the engineers referred to it, was actually the first unofficial GTI.
4) GTI stands for Grand Turismo Injection.
5) The “Design Vision GTI” can reach up to 300km/h.
6) The engine of the first Golf GTI produced exactly 109 horsepower. Now, the seventh generation Golf GTI sends 218 horsepower to the front wheels – which is exactly double the power of the first Golf GTI.